Digital marketing has superseded traditional marketing up to much extent. As it gains ground quickly, it’s interesting to note the points that show its business importance.
Today’s generation is surrounded by social media. With the advent of revolutionary mobile technology, social media platform is at the reach of fingertips. Thanks to an advancement of mobile technology, we enjoy the privilege of the internet on hand-held devices. Easy access to the internet impacts a lot on our lifestyle and so on the marketing strategies of companies. Here is a question: How does it impact marketing strategies of the companies? Let’s try finding an answer:
Traditionally, businesses relied on the physical tools like pamphlets, billboards, and television for marketing their products.
Change in everything
In recent years, things have changed drastically and dramatically; with a sudden and a sharp rise in the number of smartphone users, the internet is easily accessible and enables people to remain in touch with the world. It is fair to say that the present era witnesses dominance of the digital world.
Following BBC Virtual Revolution video shows the impact of the digital world on our lives:
As people remain engaged with their smart devices, companies need to take help of the digital platform to reach prospective clients and engage the existing ones. In a way, behavioral change impacts marketing strategies of the companies.
Traditional Marketing Methods
These days, traditional marketing methods rapidly convert into legacy methods. We can understand the reasons behind that: Firstly, people tend to use the internet for searching, shopping, and so forth. Mostly, they don’t spend time to watch TV commercials or look at the pamphlets and billboards. They like staying busy with their smart devices all the time and get the information about just everything on the move.
The other reason is both user behavior and user experience (UX) cannot be learned through such methods. Therefore, traditional methods have become obsolete for the companies.
Importance of Digital Marketing
Marketing of products and services through social media, email, and unique web content fall under the category of digital or online marketing. It enables companies to gather and analyze data regarding the effect of the promotional campaign, and companies can take crucial decisions regarding further actions on time.
Digital marketing offers a lot of benefits. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Direct connection with consumers: Such marketing offers a platform to the companies for responding queries of consumers and getting feedback. In a way, companies can directly connect with their consumers on the internet.
- Higher conversion rates: Proper execution of various marketing channels enables companies to increase interest in their websites, and that gradually increases conversion rates.
- Cost-effective solutions: As compared to traditional marketing, such marketing costs less and offers higher penetration. In addition, such marketing method enables companies to target a specific audience.
- Improved consumer experience: These days, unique content and active presence on social media channels help companies offer pleasant interactive experience to the consumers.
- Higher ROI: Along with cost-effective solutions, such marketing enables companies to analyze the impact of a campaign. On that basis, companies can run their marketing campaign in a proper direction and get higher ROI.
- Competitive edge: Companies can stand strong among competitors by initiating online marketing campaign. It offers them a competitive edge over the companies that don’t have such campaign.
- Advantage of IT: Revolutionary mobile technology and other advancements in information technology are set to give benefits, when companies opt for such marketing method.
- IoT Concept: Internet of Things (IoT) is a concept of today and will last. Digital marketing prepares companies for that concept and enables them to promote products on every digital device.
All these benefits are just the icing on the cake. Companies can readily take assistance of a digital marketing company for reaping all the benefits.